Search Announcement – Software Engineer
We are looking for a software engineer with strong analytical and technical skills to join our growing development team. This position is open due to rapid company growth.
This is an excellent opportunity for a divergent thinker who understands industry best practices and has experience with multiple coding languages. They should be a team player who can clearly communicate the logic behind technical decisions to non-tech stakeholders.
The right person for this role will be comfortable working directly with multiple business partners simultaneously to manage development projects in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
We emphasize a close, collaborative culture that leads to low turnover and fun, upbeat people to work with!
- 3+ years of experience developing and implementing software applications
- Experience with frameworks such as VueJS, ReactJS, Angular, etc.
- Good understanding of build tools and systems (i.e. Webpack, Composer, NPM, etc.)
- Familiarity with version control systems (i.e. git)
- Experience with databases (MySQL , Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Familiarity with UI toolkits and frameworks
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills are essential
- Ability to learn quickly and work as part of a team
- Experience developing customized code for multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong critical thinking skills to determine and assess the needs of the user and then create software to meet the requirements.
- Being able to efficiently identify and resolve issues that arise during the design, testing and maintenance processes using problem-solving skills.
- Applying keen attention to detail and organization to work on numerous parts of a system or application at the same time while being accurate and thorough.
- Manages time well and can prioritize tasks to ensure projects are completed on time
- Experience with or actively contributing to open source projects
- Laravel experience
- Custom WordPress plugin development
- Experience with Kubernetes, Helm Charts, Docker, etc.
- Microservice architectures
- Collaborate with team members to determine best practices and client requirements for software
- Develop intuitive software that meets and exceeds the needs of the company
- Professionally maintain all software and create updates regularly to address customer and company concerns
- Analyze and test programs and products before formal launch
- Troubleshoot coding problems quickly and efficiently to ensure a productive workplace
- Actively seek ways to improve business software processes and interactions
- Aid and support the coaching and training of other team members to ensure all employees are confident in the use of software applications
- Collaborating with management, and other departments to identify end-user requirements and specifications
- Designing flowcharts to illustrate and organize new software programs and systems
- Producing efficient and elegant code based on requirements
- Observing user feedback to recommend improvements to existing software products
- Develop and validate test routines to ensure the quality of the external and internal interface
- Have an in-depth understanding of all aspects of the business and the customers it serves
Benefits and Perks
- Energized work environment and class A facilities - renovated in 2022
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn new skills and accelerate career development
- Collaborative, team-focused environment with people who love what they do
- Flexible hybrid scheduling, which includes three “in office” work days and two remote work days weekly
- Fully stocked fridge & monthly catered lunches
- Quarterly team outings & events
- 4 Paid Professional Development days and 4 Paid Volunteer Days annually
- Excellent medical insurance, including dental and vision
- 8 paid Holidays & 3 weeks PTO annually
- 401(k) with matching contributions up to 4%